Saturday, February 6, 2016

Episode 885

Shiro Got Fat / I'm a Fashion Leader!

The newest episode of Crayon Shin-chan, airing less than two days ago on February 5th.

I have held off on subbing new episodes simply because there are absolutely no sources. I've asked various cappers if they could get the episodes for me, but it always ends in dead-ends. 

Because of this, this particular episode is sourced from a very low quality stream. It's horribly encoded at a bizarre 25fps, with blended frames and blocking galore. It's ugly, but that's what I had to work with. I've tagged this release with a low-quality tag to indicate this. Since this is a low quality release, I also did not have this TLC'd. This episode had fairly simple dialogue, anyway. The typesetting is also a bit of a mess in a few sections because of the terrible video quality.

Despite those problems, this is a very watchable release. I hope you all enjoy it. Translation notes follow after the break below.

Also, I am desperately in search of someone who can provide HD RAWs, both old and new. I'm willing to sub whatever episodes I can get my hands on. I am still looking for translation checker, as well, to go over my translation and help me with the puns and jokes. Please leave a comment or contact Skr at #Shindou-Anime@irc.rizon.net if you can help out.

Edit:
Since releasing this, I've already received help securing transport streams for the newest episodes (Thank you, Sammie!). I plan to go back and redo this episode to an HD encode, allowing me to fix the typesetting and any other problems! Look forward to more releases!

If anyone else happens to have even older HDTV raws, please still fill free to contact me.



Translation Notes:

  • 4:16 - "Welcome homrio carnival!"
    • As with every time Shin-chan arrives home, he confuses the Japanese phrases "okaeri" (Welcome home!) and "tadaima" (I'm home!). In this particular instance, he also combines "okaeri" with "rio no kyaanibaru" (Rio Carnival).
  • 7:27 - "Rocky Park"
    • An obvious reference to Rocky Balboa films and training sequence.
  • 14:36 - "You could just say Ishida Junichi."
  • 15:18 - "Wearing no socks with indoor shoes gives me the creeps."
    • In Japan, it is a custom to have a pair of indoor shoes to wear around within the school. Each day when the students arrive, they take off their normal shoes, put them in a cubbie, and put on their indoor school shoes.
  • 15:33 - "I see! So I'm the whizzing leader?
    • Shin mishears the phrase "fasshon riidaa" (fashion leader) as "tachishon riidaa" (peeing while standing up leader), thus him beginning to act as if peeing on the wall.
  • 18:06 - "Oh really, it's so train?" "You just said 'train.'"
    • Shin mishears "torendii" (trendy) as "torein" (train). Ai proceeds to him that "torein" means "densha," the Japanese word for "train."

1 comment: